Coming out of MIT’s STEX 25 program, figur8 is a venture-backed tech startup based in Boston,MA. We are building a revolutionary product: wearable hi-res 3D body motion tracking sensors that collect data on neuromuscular feedback, muscular microexpressions. The sensors have a wide range of applications, including physical therapy, elite athletic assessment, research and 3D motion capture, all at a fraction of the price (and expertise) needed to use the current available technologies.
figur8 is looking for a motivated biomechanical engineer who is interested in research and development applications of motion analysis and wearable technologies in sports and health. Required experience in human motion analysis laboratory.
Please note: this is a full-time in-house position. We are not able to accomodate remote teammates at this time.
- Design and create algorithms with engineering team specific for human biomechanical calculations such as joint angles and joint force estimations, using data derived from inertial measurement units (IMUs)
- Develop data analysis programs in Visual 3D (C-Motion), Matlab for wearable data output and Vicon motion capture system data.
- Create templates and models in the Vicon motion analysis software (Nexus).
- Create analysis templates in Visual 3D motion analysis software.
- Assist in processing electromyography signal processing.
- Exposure and or experience using or designing IMU’s
- Assist in problem-solving during data collection and analyses as needed
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Exposure to or experience in gait and/or motion analysis programming and modeling is required
- Interest in human biomechanics - required
- Basic understanding of skeletal anatomy – required
- Good- excellent understanding of inverse dynamics modeling in Biomechanics.
- Working knowledge of Matlab is required
- Good communication skills is required
- Good team membership skills is required
- Comfortable in health and athlete focused settings
- General interest in sports and health is preferred
- Interest in learning new skills with a multidisciplinary team approach is preferred
To apply for this position, please click "apply now" or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position name in the subject line.